Pressure Washing Roof Shingles: Why Is It Not Recommended?
You may have seen people do pressure washing roof shingles and wondered if this is a good idea. The answer is, unfortunately, no. It may seem like a good way to clean your roof, but in reality, it can do more harm than good. The high pressure of the water can damage the shingles, causing them to break down and deteriorate more quickly. It can also cause the sealant around the shingles to break down, which will lead to leaks.
Some homeowners believe that pressure washing their roof shingles will help clean and restore them, but this is not recommended. Pressure washing can damage the shingles and shorten their lifespan. In addition, it can also void your roofing warranty. If you are considering pressure washing your roof shingles, we recommend that you contact with a professional roofer first to see if it is the best option for your home.
Instead of pressure washing, there are other ways to clean your roof that will be gentle on the shingles and won’t void your warranty. You can use a soft brush and mild soap to lightly scrub the shingles, or you can hire a professional roof cleaning company to do the job for you. Either way, you’ll be able to keep your roof in good condition without damaging the shingles.
The most recommended way to clean your roof is the soft washing method. Soft wash roof cleaning is a cleaning process that uses a low-pressure pump and special nozzles to deliver a stream of biodegradable cleaning solution onto the roof.
Here some reasons why soft washing is the best method for cleaning your roof:
- It is gentle. The low pressure and biodegradable solution will not damage your roof shingles. This means that your roof will last longer and you won’t void your warranty by pressure washing it.
- It is effective. The cleaning solution used in soft washing will remove all the dirt, grime, and algae from your roof. This will leave your roof looking like new and will extend its lifespan.
- It is safe. The biodegradable solution used in soft washing is safe for the environment and won’t harm your plants or landscaping. This is important if you have a garden or are concerned about the impact of chemicals on the environment.
- It is convenient. You won’t have to climb up on your roof to pressure wash it. The soft washing process can be done from the ground, making it much easier and safer for you.
- It is affordable. Soft washing is a more affordable option than pressure washing, and it will save you money in the long run by extending the life of your roof.
If you are thinking about pressure washing your roof, we urge you to reconsider. Soft washing is the best way to clean your roof and will protect your investment. If you are interested in soft washing your roof or would like more information, please contact us. We would be happy to answer any of your questions or schedule a roof cleaning for you.
Sunco Exterior Solutions
68 W Morningside Dr, Bluffton, SC 29910